Michael Perry: Make no mistake, this is the end
This week, the Wisconsin State Journal will run the final “Roughneck Grace.” The final column ‘Michael Perry: Make no mistake, this is the end‘ can be see online here.
Here’s what we’re gonna do:
- Mike will continue to write one fresh “Roughneck Grace” column per month. It will be published as part of “Michael Perry’s Voice Mail,” which is a 6-8 minute recording similar to a mini-podcast. It arrives in an email. One simple click on the “play” button and you’ll hear Mike read the column. We’ll also include the text of the column if you’d prefer to read it that way. And as current Voice Mail subscribers know, Mike will also likely offer an offhand comment or two.
- Mike will continue to record Voice Mail episodes in which he reads, revisits, and reflects on a piece of writing from one of his many books. Again, as current subscribers will tell you, Mike’s tone–especially while commenting off the cuff about the pieces–is intentionally very informal and conversational.
- Finally, we’re going to start working in a monthly episode in which Mike goes a little more behind the scenes, reading and discussing unpublished works, sharing audio and photos from works in progress, or discussing the business of making a living as a freelance writer and whatever else it takes.
- Voice Mail episodes come out once a week–usually on Wednesday or Thursday, although we’re toying with moving it to Sunday morning, as that’s when so many of you used to read Mike’s column.
- This is a subscription-based newsletter. However, now and then we send it to paid and free subscribers alike. Subscription information is here. We publish a few free episodes now and then, so if a subscription isn’t in the cards you’ll still get a taste. If you would like to try the paid subscription version free for 2 weeks (no credit card required), please contact us here: https://sneezingcow.com/email-mike/
- If you are willing and able to subscribe, we thank you as the Voice Mail is one of the ways Mike keeps the Sneezing Cow barge afloat.
- Finally, if you haven’t already, please sign up for the Sneezing Cow mailing list so we can let you know if Mike has a new book or music out, and if he’ll be performing live in your area.
Whatever you decide, we’re grateful. Mike will keep on typing. And talking. And recording. And being Dad. And husband. He’s already lived a life filled with kindnesses and opportunities he never anticipated. Thank you for your part in that.
See y’down the road!
Want to be the first to know when Mike has a new book, or is coming to your area? Please sign up for the email list.